If you are a citizen or a permanent resident of Canada you can simply apply for a job at any company that is hiring unskilled workers. If neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident, your single option is to apply to immigrate to Canada as a foreign worker. You must have to complete the Canada unskilled work visa process and the immigration process may take up to five years.
During the period you’ll have to meet all the procedures, requirements, and score enough points to be eligible. You will also have to show that you have at least the minimum level of financial status by providing the statement of bank balance. You would have a very minimal chance of getting a work permit visa in Canada for some sort of unskilled worker jobs.
In the case of a company in Canada that wants to recruit foreign workers on work permits, they have to prove that they’ve executed all available options to find a Canadian to fill the unskilled job position. They also have to prove that there is a limited supply of unskilled workers in Canada who are a qualified candidate and able to fill the position.
Moving to Canada by Applying Temporary Foreign Worker Program
For unskilled and semi-skilled workers seeking jobs in Canada, another beneficial offer available is the Temporary Foreign Worker Program.
This program allows foreign workers to work and live in Canada on a temporary basis, usually for 2 years. During the period immigrants can also apply for a new work permit or an extension on the existing work permits. However, the process depends on the employers and the job offer workers have received. In order to be eligible for this program, you must:
• Have written letter of the job offer you have received from a Canadian employer
• Have an approved Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
• Convince the immigration officer that you are staying in Canada temporarily and will leave the country as soon as the end of your employment contract period.
• Provide all necessary documents that you meet the requirements of the job. These documents may be your previous work experience, job-specific training (2 years maximum), and academic requirements (usually a high school diploma).
• You must not have criminal records
• You must be in good health.
• Make sure all documents are in English or French.
• Prove that you do not pose a threat to the security of the country.
• Provide evidence of having a sufficient amount of funds to live in Canada.
SEE AVAILABLE JOBS OPENING
– Process Control and Machine Operators
– Industrial Butchers, Meat Cutters, Poultry -Preparers
– Fish Plant Workers
– Food Testers, and Graders
– Food, Beverage and Tobacco Processing
Travel and Accommodation
– Hotel Front Desk Clerks
Tour and Recreational Guides & Casino Occupations
– Tour and Travel Guides
– Outdoor Sport and Recreational Guides
– Casino Occupations
Long-haul Truck Drivers
– Long-haul truck driver
Food and Beverage Service
– Food and Beverage Servers
– Food Counter Attendants
– Kitchen Assistants
– Light Duty Cleaners
– Specialized Cleaners
– Janitors, Caretakers, and Building Superintendents
– Dry Cleaning and Laundry
– Hotel Valet